Saturday, December 31, 2011

Movies for 2012


It’s the New Year and I am giving you this special edition of the information I gathered from the internet on the movies that are to look forward to for 2012.  These are the things that may occupy your mind, the members of the working class.  And these may help you balance out that budget to ensure that you invest only on the right movies.

MOVIE LIST FOR 2012:
(Disclaimer:  this list does not claim to be the complete guide; there might be changes and all rights are reserved to the rightful owners)

January - Contraband | Joyful Noise | Man on a Ledge | One for the Money | Red Tails | The Grey | Underworld Awakening
My ticket money goes to Underworld Awakening – obviously a follower of this saga; the battle now shifts from vamps vs. lycans to both vs. humans in a fight for survival)



 


February - Big Miracle | Chronicle | Gone | Journey 2: The Mysterious Island | Safe House | The Vow | The Woman in Black | This Means War | Ghost Rider: Spirits of Vengeance

For the month of love, it seemed like I needed more than the titles for me to decide which one to watch aside from Ghost Rider.

 
March - A Thousand Words | Dr. Seuss' The Lorax | Hansel and Gretel Witch Hunters | John Carter | The Hunger Games | The Pirates! Band of Misfits | The Raven | Think Like a Man

There are quite a number from the list that I want to watch, but on top of my choice would be The Hunger Games. This time, I want to watch the movie prior to reading the novels and experience the difference.  Runners up are Hansel and Gretel (take note that for 2012 there will be a lot of children’s story adaptations) and Dr. Seuss’ The Lorax.

 

April  - American Reunion | Bullet to the Head | Chimpanzee | House at the End of the Street | Lockout | Movie 43 | Scary Movie 5 | The Cabin in the Woods | The Cold Light of Day | The Lucky One | The Three Stooges

To simplify life I want to watch them all! Hahaha!  But I can’t so to choose I am torn among The Cabin in the Woods, The Three Stooges and House at the End of the Street – whew, movie titles are steadily becoming longer



May – Battleship | Dark Shadows | Men in Black 3 | The Avengers | The Dictator | What to Expect When Your Expecting

I’ll definitely watch The Avengers and Men in Black 3.  I am, however, intrigued by Battleship, Dark Shadows and The Dictator. I’ll have to research further though.



 
June - Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter | Brave | G.I. Joe 2 | I Hate You, Dad | Jack the Giant Killer | Prometheus | Rock of Ages | Safe Haven | Snow White and the Huntsman | Madagascar

My birth month!  I’m looking forward to see G.I. Joe 2 and Prometheus.  Then you have Jack the Giant Killer and Snow White as additions from the library of stories for kids turned adult (nope, not that kind of adaptation!)

July - Neighborhood Watch | Step Up 4 | Ted | The Amazing Spider-Man | Ice Age: Continental Drift | The Dark Knight Rises

Very lean choices for July so I’d definitely choose Step Up 4 --- NOT!  Ehe, I’d have to sit this one out and wait it to be shown in the cable channels instead.  So it’s going to be a definite Spider or Bat flick for me.  Heroes anyone?




August - Diary of a Whimpy Kid: Dog Days | ParaNorman | Premium Rush | The Apparition | The Bourne Legacy | The Expendables II | The Odd Life of Timothy Green | Total Recall | Warm Bodies

Then August becomes bloated with choices.  Bourne Legacy is on top of my list, followed by the sequel of Expendables (yes laugh at me).  Then I might check The Apparition.



September – Argo | Dredd | Hotel Transylvania | Looper | Resident Evil Retribution | Savages

The first of the ‘ber months’ will have me rooting for Resident Evil and is a bit inclined to research on Argo and Savages. If everything goes as advertised, this month should be full of action.


 

 October - Atlas Shrugged Part II | Frankenweenie | Fun Size | Gangster Squad | Halloween III | Here Comes the Boom | Of Men & Mavericks | Parker | Twylight Zones

I do not know any of the films lined-up for the festive month of October but randomly through the titles, it might be a battle between Halloween III and Twylight Zones for the title ehe…


November - 47 Ronin | My Mother's Curse | Rise of the Guardians | Skyfall | The Silver Linings Playbook | The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, Part 2 | Three Mississippi | Wreck-It Ralph

Two months left.  The Twilight is a sure pick whether I like it or else… haha. Then I might check Rise of the Guardians and Skyfall (a new and the 23rd James Bond Film)

December - Django Unchained | Great Hope Springs | Hunter Killer | Les Miserables | Life of Pi | The Great Gatsby | The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey | This is Forty | World War Z

For the happy month of December.  The Hobbit marks my top; followed closely by Les Miserables (wonder how they adapted this one from a famous theatrical play)



There you have it!  Go and organize your 2012 movie dates and feel free to give me a howler in case there are updates.  Have fun watching!

6 comments:

  1. there are lots of good movies this year... I like superhero movies so, if I got the time, I'll take my kids to watch the avengers and spider-man, of course...

    ReplyDelete
  2. MIB3, looking forward to see this movie! Halloween 3D..gosh, heart attack! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am waiting for soooooo long for "The Dark Knight Rises". Batman is an all-time favorite of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey this is great! Thanks for the heads up!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks! I am looking forward to Nicholas Cage Ghost Rider: Spirits of Vengeance.

    I love his acting on the first Ghost Rider!

    ReplyDelete