Wednesday, July 18, 2012

KitKats of the World


I saw this article (I failed to capture the link to the gallery, sorry for that) once of some of the weird flavors of KitKat from other countries (Japan mostly).  And it fascinated me how discriminating people's taste can be.  From the simple 'oh yeah why didn't I think of that?' to the bizarre 'oh my, what were they thinking!'.  Sure there are plenty other of variations depending on the culture, festivities (yep, those limited edition stuff they usually release) and even some commemorations.

This will be a series and let's start first from the KITKAT brand.  Take a look (and feast?) your eyes on these rather weird varieties.  Mostly are from Japan and I may say these came up due to taste preference.

This one is a bit extreme for me... so does it have that starchy flavor?

I am interested on this one... that crisp and tangy combination in a kitkat? hmmm...
Im no fan of sweet corn flavor -- except on the actual sweet corn!
makes me ask... why the 'salt'?
As in ' baked' potato? oh my...
I think this one is fairly acceptable
The 'name' ehe... maybe like my fave raisinette combi
Very local... but interesting
huwwaat? this maybe was a mistake, might just be a cover for halloween

I heart green tea so I want to try this one

a normal I would say
maybe a 'forbidden' fruit? ehe
This is just plain weird...
nice.. drooling now..
for the holidays I guess?

Obviously Halloween
I dunno... looks weird to me





even a Wasabi flavored one!
 












Whew!  And the list seems to grow even bigger and  bigger!  Stay posted for the other parts of this chocolate feature... Yum Yum treats to all!!!

31 comments:

  1. I'm a chocolate lover but I'm not sure I want to be paired with anything more than nuts, strawberries and the likes. Haha. I don't know, but Japanese really have the flare of being adventurous with their chocolates, I guess. haha. Great post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope we also get our own set of Kitkat flavors (e.g. Durian Kitkat or halo halo flavor). We don't have much variety here but it's gonna be cool to have our localized flavors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vonn, I'm a chocolate lover and kitkat is one of my favorite, I didn't know that it has many flavor from seeing those photos posted. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some KitKat flavors above are kind of weird. But then again, it depends on the people who will eat it. Kudos to Kit Kat for this kind of campaign.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is extremely good! i drooling over that green tea kitkat!! it sounds yummy! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will look for Kitkat that has dates here in Saudi Arabia... Maybe there is, I just need to find one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Japan's so innovative. First time I heard the green tea kitkat, I thought it was a joke and then I learned there were more flavors. I wish they'll bring some here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I have seen some of those in the market... very interesting indeed.. am interested to try them...

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! When will all these be available here in Manila, Can't wait to try specially the green tea, which I've been raving for months since I read of it in a blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!!! I hope those would be available here in Manila. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  11. Must start looking for friends from japan to have this hahah... wanna try the espresso coffee flavor...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the different versions of Kit Kat. Wonders if you can spot one in a Japanese or Korean grocery.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i believe chocolates blends with almost anything ... love the strawberry flavor

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just got myself Kitkat cherry blossom!! yummy!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Chocolate always make me smile and put me into good mood! I love Kitkat!

    ReplyDelete
  16. kitkat is a Pinoy favorite and the rest of the flavors will surely be a big hit

    ReplyDelete
  17. Green tea is my favorite! Would love to try the Caramel Macchiato i think im gonna like it too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Commented here before but I will comment again (can't help it). You really got an awesome post about KitKat awesome flavors/packaging.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love chocolates especially KitKat but I don't know if I'll be brave enough to taste some of the flavors.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have tried the green tea kitkat and its good. And some f the flavors you mentioned is actually available here in the Philippines. They are just weird. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Kitkat is one of my favorite chocolates! I want to try the Green Tea and Bluberry Cheesecake and Chestnut and... ALL!

    ReplyDelete
  22. interesting! I'd love to try all flavors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. My husband eats KitKat all the time. He will be interested to see this! =)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow! Those are a lot of selections! I'd go for their original though. Good enough for me yom!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'd personally go for the espresso and white chocolate Kit Kat out of all the choices. It combines two of my favorite things: bold coffee and chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  26. baked potato flavor sounds delicious =)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Kitkat is one of my favorites along with serg chocolate which I think not existing anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Most are weird flavors. Pumpkin? Sweet potato? LOL. But I am curious and would like to give them a try. Who know, maybe they're good. Why else would they come up with a flavor like that if it weren't good?

    If I'm not mistaken I've had sweet corn kit kat before. It wasn't bad. XD

    ReplyDelete
  29. Would love to try the green tea and the extra creamy variant! *Drools*

    ReplyDelete
  30. :D luckily for me, i am able to try:
    1. green tea kitkat. mild green tea kick.
    2. strawberry kitkat. tastes like medicine. i like it though.

    ReplyDelete