Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Bataan Adventures










  
I have been to Bataan a couple of times.  Being near Pampanga, it has been one of the many destination of choices of Kapampangans who just want to take on a break of the usual and get to see other places.  The first time I visited Bataan was when I was still (if you've read on my previous posts) in my first ever work stint.  My co-workers, most of them not from Luzon wanted to explore the place and this was one of them.  The succeeding experiences I had were from my 2nd and current work where Bataan was the destination of choice for a department's team building / rest & recreation place.

Here are some of the quick trivia I gathered from the web about Bataan and I encourage you to do try exploring this place.  It is quite near and will only take you the whole day to visit nice places and immerse yourself in their culture.

Bataan (/bəˈtæn/; Tagalog: [bɐtɐˈʔɐˑn]) is a province of the Philippines occupying the whole of the Bataan Peninsula on Luzon.  The province is part of the Central Luzon region. The capital of Bataan is Balanga City and it is bordered by the provinces of Zambales and Pampanga to the north. The peninsula faces the South China Sea to the west and Subic Bay to the north-west, and encloses Manila Bay to the east.
 
The Battle of Bataan is famous in history as one of the last stands of American and Filipino soldiers before they were overwhelmed by the Japanese forces in World War II. The Bataan Death March was named for this province, where the infamous march started. This is also a location of the Bataan Nuclear Power Plant located in the Municipality of Moro (Source: Wikipedia).
The city has its dedicated portal in the net and can be viewed here: http://www.bataan.gov.ph/

Bataan has 11 municipalities namely: Abucay, Bagac, Dinalupihan, Hermosa, Limay, Mariveles, Morong, Orani, Orion, Pilar and Samal.












No comments:

Post a Comment