Thursday, April 5, 2012

Leibster Award.. .

There are plenty of reasons why I blog. Some may find it petty, but since a huge part of my current work involves writing, I think I owe it to myself to be able to write something FOR MY own SELF FULFILLMENT.  Thus, the nostalgia is many times amplified if I receive good comments from fellow bloggers and readers who commend an article or the whole blog concept of my site.  Not to be overly boastful of what (as there are tons of better blogs out there), my day was made extra special when I read a message from my gmail account from a fellow blogger that I was part of her top five for LEIBSTER AWARD.















So with all my heart, thanks a lot to Chucha Delfin for taking the time to include me and recognize my blogging efforts.  I think I owe it up to her to share her link: http://reviewsofabookmaniac.blogspot.com and may start looking and organizing my own list and eventually 'pay it forward' too in the future.

So what is a Blog award or to be more specific, what is the Leibster Award about?  Quoting from Wikipedia, A Blog award is an award for the best blog in a given category. Some blog awards are based on a public vote and others are based on a fixed set of criteria applied by a panel of judges.  Some of the major blogging awards mentioned included The Weblog Awards and the Best of Blogs (BOB).  In the Philippines, there are also a few groups who give out blogs on various specialty categories.



The Leibster Award, however remains to be one topic that is very difficult to research.  With so many related hits, it's very difficult to filter and really find out where it originated but many refer to it as the award which showcases blogs with less than 200 followers and can be categorized under the 'best kept secret' league.  Many refer to its origin coming from Germany (sans the name) and upon accepting it, the 'awardee' must then pass it on to five more blogs.  I've seen some of the many blogs with this award and the some even highlighted these specific rules:

1- Choose FIVE up and coming blogs to which you award the Liebster. Blogs must have less than 200 followers.

2- Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.

3-Post the award on your blog. List the bloggers you gave the award to with links to their sites

So there you have it.  Once again, I extend my many thanks to those who have come to include visiting the OFFICE NINJA BLOG in their daily/regular internet routine.  Do continue to read, don't hesitate to comment on how this blog can be of service to you (I even do it for free at times, ehe), and more specially, to IMPROVE.  The latest hits counter as of this writing is that I am nearing my 10k mark and I am very much looking forward to reaching more people.

No comments:

Post a Comment